The Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum will take place from 15-18 June at the Windsor Barra Hotel & Congresses. The hotel is conveniently located near RioCentro – the largest convention center in South America – and home to the government meetings of the UN Conference on Sustainable Development – Rio+20.
The Windsor Barra Hotel includes a convention center offering 9,000 square meters of meeting rooms. The hotel’s 330 rooms are each equipped with the following amenities: central air, high speed Internet, phone lines, voicemail, soundproof windows, cable TV, minibar, radio and a private safe.
- 11 miles from Ipanema and Copacabana beaches
- 16 miles from Santos Dumont Airport
- 22 miles from Tom Jobim International Airport
Free shuttle bus transportation for all registered delegates will operate from 14 to 18 June 2012, from the hotels to the Forum venue (Windsor Barra Hotel) and back. View the Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum shuttle timetable.
View Rio+20 Venue Locations in a larger map
Read more about the Windsor Barra Hotel & Congresses.
Windsor Hotel and Sustainability
The Windsor Hotel Chain supports and stimulates environmental preservation. Beginning with the restoration of the former Le Meridien, the Windsor Hotel Chain has partnered with companies engaged in environmental preservation and which offer solutions and ideas to preserve green areas as a basic criterion for development.
Green building strategies used by the five-star chain hotel in its daily operations include the following:
- Reuse of water: The water for sinks, for showers and laundry rooms passes through a treatment station and is stored for reuse in toilets.
- Capturing and reusing rain water: Rain water is caught in boxes and reused in plant irrigation, and in the cleaning of common areas.
- Selective garbage collection: Space is provided for garbage separation by category.
- Intelligent faucets: Flow regulators diminish water outflow without reducing water pressure. A “pair of flushes” drastically lowers water expenses.
- Gas shower heating: Gas is less harmful to the environment than heating through electricity.
- Presence Sensor: In common areas, electrical sensors diminish electric energy use.
- Ecological construction: Reclaimed and certified wood is used for construction.
- Low-consumption light bulbs: LED lighting, high-performance pumps and elevator water engines reduce energy consumption.
- Bath clothes and bed clothes: Bed linens are changed on request, reducing detergent, water and energy use.
Learn more about the Windsor Hotel’s sustainability strategies.